The syntax should be: slmgr. As a result, your viewing experience will be diminished, and you may not be able to execute some actions. Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup in Specialize phase To resolve this issue use the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component in the Specialize phase. One of my techs wrote the script, so I will find it tomorrow and post it. I wasted 3 hours of my life trying to figure out why set up was saying the license could not be found! Are you re-attaching the file to the image each time you make changes? Please contact your system administrator. Not the one that was used in the image. Deleting the ProductId key is enough not necessary deleting the ProductIdx64 , the recovery will run from within Windows.
You'd be better off creating a new thread with a title about this error, and then post this info. If you are editing the file via a text editor you could create a problem during sysprep. Also to allow a popup box to enter the admin password to be entered since admin password per computer is unique. I can post code to automate contacting the kms server and activating manually or with kms if you like. The two product keys can be different. I think there needs to be a blog or something with all the gotcha's when moving from Win7 automated deployment to Win8. To check, open command prompt and enter command: slmgr -dlv Your output should look something like this: Microsoft R Windows Script Host Version 5.
I then clone the hard drive using a hardware disk duplicator we have on site. I was successfully able to build an answer file using the install. I try to manually activate and nothing happens. Either remove the invalid key or provide a valid product key in the unattend answer file to proceed with Windows Installation The setuperr. At least, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it. Hello, my name is Scott McArthur. I tried running the slmgr command with the rearm and the upk command to erase the key and rearm the image.
I've built the answer file and the W10 image installs and answer file runs successfully except for the Windows 10 activation. Also like you said no prompts such as for admin password. Which it did, but when I ran sysprep and rebooted the machine, it came back activated and with the key installed :S. In order to get the ProductKey entry you must right click the Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup component under Windows Image and add it to the Specialize phase. At least, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
And indeed, there is no key stored in the registry, just 00s. I've already tried everything i could think of. What media are you using to install Windows 10 - Volume Licensing? It will prompt for Username, Password In the clear , and computername. Both falling into the same error: I've removed all partition using gparted,. I tried it because i had one available and wanted to see if that reflected on the Unattend. This is assuming there is a Windows 8 product key already in there.
I have read through multiple threads, posts, and guides including the guide on this site. I may be wrong but with the latest version of W10, it will accept W7 keys to activate. I've tested this, and with a Win10 pro placeholder in the pid. You are duplicating the command almost twice on the same line. This should work on a number of products.
This is all from a modified unattend. Please contact your system administrator or use a different type of key. Oh, wait, sysprep weirdness, what's that I guess that i could just forget all about it and start fresh, which would be very painfully time consuming, as it is painful to just ignore this, not understand why it's causing it and how to prevent it Found the issue. I've tried putting in the productkey section and leaving nothing between the fields but got the same answer. Here are the steps I am following.